Sign up to my Newsletter for updates on AENiGMA GAME: STORM HACKER
STEAM PAGE: https://store.steampowered.com/app/2544160/AENiGMA_GAME_STORM_HACKER/
Developed by a former Capcom concept artist, AENiGMA GAME: STORM HACKER is a high-octane, vehicle-based 3D action platformer inspired by Sonic Adventure and 80s anime OVAs. In between action stages It features PS1/PS2-inspired pre-rendered hand-painted hub worlds. Join Kaira and execute gravity-defying maneuvers on a turbo-charged, reality-bending hover-ski. Leap, drift, dash, sign-ride, and even hack your way through mysterious reality storms on an emotional journey across the stars.
- Pilot a turbo-charged hover jet-ski in high-speed 3D action platforming across breathtaking action stages.
- Utilize unique hacking abilities to manipulate your craft and the stages you traverse.
- Test your creativity and skill in multi-route level design that is a blast to replay.
- Explore beautiful anime and JRPG-inspired pre-rendered hand-painted hub worlds between action stages.
- Experience an emotional story with characters you will surely fall in love with.
FEATURES IN DEPTH
HIGH SPEED 3D ACTION PLATFORMING
- Inspired by SEGA Dreamcast and other 6th-generation console games. Enter 3D action stages called Reality Storms filled with multiple route sections designed to offer optional additional challenges or a second chance to showcase your skills after falling from a higher route.
- Unique set pieces that range from giant cyberpunk cityscapes to ancient ruins and even holiday-themed fantasyscapes.
- Enemies are also a tool for traversal, chain together your attacks and disc collecting to maximize your score and route. Momentum is key!
FUTURISTIC HOVER JET-SKIING
- When you enter a Reality Storm, you will pilot the lightning-fast super hover jet-ski known as the Storm Runner. Drift, jump, air dash, and even wall-ride on signs. All eyes are on you, the best Storm Hackers utilize their skill and personality to conquer a storm.
- While you can possibly scrape through the game with just turning and jumping, making full use of your ship's momentum, abilities, angle, and hacking power-ups enables you to tackle optimal and challenging routes or maximize efficiency on your favorites. Easy and fun to learn, hard and extremely satisfying to master!
- SOFT HACKS: Press the action button within a soft hack zone to utilize it. Use the focus time during soft hacks to plan your next route, but don't delay too long or your hacking opportunity will vanish.
- HARD HACKS: Smash through these for instant effects. Unlike soft hacks, hard hacks lack a focus zone, so pursue them wisely.
- WHAT DO THESE HACKS DO?: Abilities range from slowing time to conjuring structures out of thin air. Unleash creative ways to manipulate your craft and the world.
PRE RENDERED HAND PAINTED HUB WORLDS
- Between Reality Storms, immerse yourself in highly detailed, beautiful hand-painted environments reminiscent of classic games like JRPGs and Boku no Natsumi.
- Engage with characters and culture on each planet and your cruise ship using a visual novel-like 1st-person interface, offering a more intimate and immersive interaction experience.
UNIQUE ANIME AND ILLUSTRATION INSPIRED ART DIRECTION
- Art draws from my personal style, influenced by 80s and 90s anime OVAs and classic Heavy Metal magazine.
- Curated design without procedural generation. Every corner of the environment tells a story through meticulously crafted hand-made and painted details.
- This focused art direction is achievable due to it being a solo development effort, allowing for a distinctive visual identity.
1. SPACE CRUISE ABOARD THE STARLIGHT WANDERER
- Between each planet relax in your own room on the brand new intergalactic luxury space cruise ship "The Starlight Wanderer"
- Use discs and cartridges you acquire in reality storms to gain access to new upgrades to the cruise ship that can send you back to previous planets and unlock hidden reality storm challenges in the ship's mysterious backrooms.
- Get to know others on the cruise with you as you travel from planet to planet.
2. MISS UNIVERSE WIDE
- Investigate each planet on foot, acquainting yourself with its inhabitants, history, and culture.
- Hack into a planet's storm using obtained information. Access to the storm doesn't demand comprehensive knowledge; a partial understanding suffices. These sections offer relaxation and intrigue and can be tailored to your preferred duration.
3. REALITY STORMS
- Traverse full 3D action stages.
- Multiple routes abound, balancing tight level design and freedom for showcasing your personal style and skill.
- Some routes unveil secrets, yet you needn't uncover all secrets to unlock everything. Missing a bunch isn't something to stress over.
- Reach a stage's conclusion to collect a storm-linked letter.
The developer is keeping a lot of the story a suprise for now but to start off with:
In a future where humanity spans the stars, sudden massive enigmatic storms appear as if overnight, devouring all in their path. Few have returned from a storm's sharp teeth but those who have, speak as if they have seen another universe.
"priestess by birth, a hacker by choice, and a force of nature by design."
- Kaira lives in a small village called Tikibara Lagoon where she works part time as a mail delivery girl. When she is not doing side hustles like mail delivery, Kaira is torn between her interests in tech, and her birthright responsibilities as a priestess. Despite her familiarity with the villagers, she often experiences a paradoxical sense of connection and isolation. After storm watch on one fateful day, she makes a startling discovery during her priestess duties that reshapes the course of her life.
A Vast Universe
Several planets are in the universe of AENiGMA GAME but some I can talk about from the teaser are :
Earth: A multicultural planet with an immense city called Jonada. One reality storm here has covered half the surface of the planet and has also isolated the city. People pay too latch their buildings onto each other like barnacles in hopes of avoiding the storm, but as time goes on the storm has continued to mix with the smog creating an illusion that the city goes on forever and when you fall too deep into the city, it does.
Lunacresent: a small largely tropical planet with a large moon near it. Earth's constant influence on the planet has shifted it from a very spiritual planet to something of tourist destination. Lunacresent's storm enshrouds an ancient tree, said to bear the spirits of the departed.
Miyakyoto: Miyakyoto was granted to Japan as a way to escape the disaster of earthquakes and tsunamis on earth. Out of some unfortunate fate the planet has come tobe the home of several Reality Storms, some that stay in a specific area, and some that drift through. Civilians being used to combating nature back home have grown accustomed to rebuilding, One town in particular getting the nicknames Wabi-Sabi wonderland and even Junkyoto.
What is this game inspired by?
Mainly inspired by 6th-gen consoles, particularly the Sega Dreamcast. Action stage gameplay draws from Wipeout, and Sonic Adventure. Unlike Sonic games however, Jump dashes require precision as they influence momentum and bounce height off of enemies and bumpers. Controls akin to racing games offer a satisfying experience.
What is the difficulty like?
Echoing Sonic games, the game offers multiple chances via multi-tiered routes and a health system tied to collectible discs. Generous checkpoints accompany challenging sections. While accessible to the general audience with effort, it caters to speedrunners.
How long is the game going to be?
Storm Hacker is being designed to respect your time but be an infinite playground. The main story is being aimed to be completable in an evening but reward mastery by having multiple routes and collectibles through out action stages that in turn unlock challenges and minigames.
How long till the game comes out?
The developer is working on this in his offtime between paid work so it depends on if the game gets funding or not.
How is the game being funded?
The game has not received any funding yet but does have a Patreon set up https://www.patreon.com/WEZ for those who wish to help. Further down the line the developer will be looking into options like Kickstarter, a hands free publisher, or grant if there is enough traction.
Love Letter Industries for the contents of AENiGMA GAME: STORM HACKER to be published through video broadcasting services for any commercial or non-commercial purposes. Monetization of videos created containing assets from AENiGMA GAME: STORM HACKER allowed by Love Letter Industries .
Love Letter Industries(My solo game studio)
Art of WEZ(My solo art studio)
Currently only PC but will look into porting to consoles
About the Developer:
Derek Weselake is a Concept Artist by day that started this project in his offtime as a means to comprehend every facet of game development. This endeavor aims to forge connections with his colleagues and become an invaluable asset to the team. Over time, it has transformed into a heartfelt tribute to the games that have deeply influenced him. Working under the pen name ArtofWEZ, Derek has collaborated with numerous studios on diverse projects encompassing video games, film, trailers, and animation. His portfolio includes collaborations with prominent names such as CAPCOM, Microsoft, Blackbird Interactive, Team Ninja, Riot Games, and SEGA.
Business Contact: LoveletterIndustries@gmail.com